Scope and Motivation
The 2024 IEEE World Forum on Public Safety Technology (WF-PST) welcomes cutting-edge half-day or full-day Workshop proposals in emerging topics related to Public Safety technologies and applications. We invite contributions from researchers and practitioners from industry and academia.
Ideal Workshop proposals will focus on timely/emerging topics that will attract a number of significant and high-quality contributions, which will eventually spark interesting discussions informally. The objective of Workshop papers is to mainly inspire innovative research ideas through discussions. Workshop proposals on disruptive and emerging topics that would stimulate keen interest from the research community will be favored.
2024 IEEE WF-PST will feature new Workshops that address growing fields of study related to Public Safety technologies. Nevertheless, we anticipate Workshop proposals to introduce and connect to broader topics, including but not limited to: autonomous unmanned vehicles, healthcare, data safety/security/privacy, non-terrestrial networks, emerging wireless technologies and networks, distributed ledgers and Blockchain, artificial intelligence and machine learning, technology issues for developing regions, and novel public safety architecture technologies.
Workshop proposals must be submitted as a single PDF file online via EDAS. Accepted Workshop papers will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore subject to meeting IEEE Xplore’s scope and quality requirements.
Recommended proposal format:
Each workshop proposal (maximum 5 pages) must include the following information:
- Title, scope, and topics of the Workshop (max 1 page)
- Names, affiliation, and email addresses of the Workshop organizer(s)
- A short biography of the organizers (up to 200 words per organizer)
- Scope and topics of the Workshop (max 1 page)
- Format of the Workshop (papers, keynotes, panels, posters, etc.)
- Rationale (max 1 page)
- Why is the topic current and important?
- Why will the workshop attract a significant number of submissions of good quality?
- Why will the workshop attract a large number of attendees, in addition to the authors?
- How does the workshop differ from others, i.e., related workshops and conferences of similar topic?
- A draft Call for Papers (max 1 page)
- A description of the publicity and promotion plan
- Past history of the Workshop if any (when, where, number of papers and participants)
All proposals will be independently reviewed and a decision on acceptance communicated by Workshop Chairs. After acceptance, Workshop organizers are expected to set up a website and to actively promote their workshops, as well as submit details for promotion at the main Conference web site. The paper submission process will be arranged by the Workshop Chairs.
Workshop Proposal Submission Deadline: 30 November 2023
Workshop Proposal Notification of Acceptance: 15 December 2023
Workshop Paper Submission Deadline: 22 January 2024
Workshop Paper Notification of Acceptance: 12 February 2024
Camera-Ready Version: 4 March 2024